Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sound Test: BGM 09 - Ice Cube vs. KK Slider

Truth is, I'm not much of an Animal Crossing guy.  I played the Gamecube original for a little while, and though I thought it had a charming presentation, the gameplay just didn't grab me.  Still, I did get a kick out of the songs played by KK Slider, the floppy eared white dog who appears as a wandering musician.  Nintendo recently released the latest installment in the franchise on 3DS, and sometime after that THIS came through my feed...



That's "KK Good Day", a mashup of Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" and Mesmonium's "KK Cruisin" jazz remix. Pretty dope, huh?

For reference, here's the original...



It's nice, but Mesmonuim's remix takes it to another level, and the Ice Cube rhymes are just perfect!

As I continued to dig, I found out that there are a fair number of other cover versions of this song on YouTube. My favorite has to be this live version...





No comments:

Post a Comment