Monday, August 4, 2014

GameWeek: July 27-Aug 2, 2014


Star Fox 64 3D - I enjoyed this game a lot when I reviewed it way back in 2011, but after an all new Star Fox was sorta kinda announced at this year's E3 I had a hankering to go back and play this again. This time around I'm trying to get all of the medals in the game. I'll tell you what, going for the medals adds a considerable amount of challenge to this title! Also, I didn't make mention of it in my review, but all of the in-game dialogue was re-recorded for this release. The voices aren't jarringly different, but I definitely like the original N64 voice work better.


The Last of Us: Remastered - TLOU was my game of the year for 2013 and since I didn't yet own it (I rented and beat the PS3 version) I decided to pick it up for PS4. I'm most excited to play the Left Behind DLC, as I haven't yet had a chance to dig into that, but I'll probably play through the main campaign again as well. Interestingly enough, though I have owned my PS4 for over 3 months now, this is the first disc-based game I've purchased for it.


The Goonies II - I've always had a soft spot for this NES adventure/platformer from Konami. Though some of the game's goals are unnecessarily obscure (you literally have to punch an old lady in the face five times in order to receive a vital piece of equipment), it's an all-around solid game with nice graphics, above average music, and a good level of challenge. You should play it if you can, just make sure to use a guide!



No comments:

Post a Comment