Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sound Test: BGM 10 - Tomorrow is Mine

Hi all! Been away for just a bit. Sorry to have kept you waiting... -_-


This selection in the Sound Test series (which again, is just songs from video games that I like in no particular order and with no real connection to anything) is from the recently released Bayonetta 2 for the WiiU. "Tomorrow is Mine" is the game's main theme song: a jaunty J-pop number that feels just perfect nestled in amidst the surreal strangeness and over-the top action that is this game. I confess that I have only played the demo version, though I do plan on springing for the disc soon.




What do you think? Sassy little number, right? Lyrical highlights for me include the lines:

You won't know what hit you 
When I spin around leave you 
In my dust then 
Bang bang!
Down down!

Points too for the snarky kiss-off, "Don't miss me too much!"; a cute reference to the game's emphasis on dodging attacks during combat.

I gotta get this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment