Friday, June 27, 2014

Why I Quit Using Gamefly


Gamefly, the "Netflix-for-games" rental service has let me down for the last time.  Now don't get me wrong, the service is, for the most part, pretty great.  In the nearly 4 years that I have been a member, I have played some wonderful games, and my membership fee has never once seen an increase.  They also offer some good deals on used games, and their website is fairly easy to use.  The problem is that I have found it next to impossible to rent the newest releases.  For example: The Last of Us was released in June of 2013, I placed it in my queue in September of 2013, and after two months of waiting I finally broke down and just bought it!  For those of you keeping score at home, this means that 6 months after release, The Last of Us was still more-or-less unavailable through Gamefly.  That wasn't the only time I had an experience like this, either.  I also waited weeks or months for Final Fantasy XIII-3, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Infamous: Second Son, and Super Mario 3D Land among others.

Now while I appreciate the fact that Gamefly maintains a library of classic games for legacy systems, I just think that they fall short when it comes to delivering the latest games in a timely manner.  It's great to be able to get the older titles on demand, but for $15 per month I also want to be able to play NEW games without having to wait weeks at a time.  Sorry Gamefly, you're just not cost effective.  I'll hang on to my $180 per year and just BUY the games I want to play.  After all, this is the internet age.  New or old, if I want to know about a game I can head on over to YouTube or IGN or any one of a host of other sites with videos, reviews, and opinions and just do the research.


I still love the commercials with Blake Griffin wearing a jet pack, though.

Anyone else out there feel me on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment