Sunday, July 27, 2014

GameWeek: July 20-26, 2014

Hey y'all, in an effort to write more and keep the fresh content coming, I've decided to start writing a weekly post called GameWeek (super catchy, I know). I thought this might be a good place to put all of my short-form thoughts and musings related to the wider world of console gaming. Want to know what I've been thinking about and playing this week? Read on...


Resident Evil 5 - I know, I know... Over the years I've talked a lot about the Resident Evil franchise and this game in particular. What can I say? I still LOVE playing the RE5 Mercenaries mode. Anyway, I bring it up now because my friend and I were recently able to reach a milestone in that game that we spent the better part of FIVE YEARS trying to achieve. We FINALLY got a FULL 150 kill combo on the 'Prison' stage of the Mercenaries Reunion mode! Now, those who know the game well are no doubt shouting "N0000000000B!!!!" at the top of their lungs and covering their screens in flecks of spittle, while those who don't know the game are likely thinking "Huh?" Let me explain. Yes, I HAVE gotten the full 150 combo on that stage before. Many many times, in fact. What made this run special is that I did it with a friend whom I personally trained to be the zombie killing machine he is today! I'll admit that five years is a rather lengthy period of time for the training, but it still felt like an achievement. These days, I rarely get the opportunity to play any split-screen multiplayer, and it's been AGES since I did so at a high level. God, the RE elitists are probably spewing Mountain Dew from every orifice after reading that last line.


Club Nintendo Platinum Status - I achieved platinum status in the Club Nintendo rewards program this year, and the rewards were announced last week. The rewards themselves weren't especially great this time around, but I found something that interested me in the Wii U title Game & Wario. Redeeming my game code was easy enough, but I encountered a problem as the game was downloading...my Wi-Fi signal went out! It was only then that I discovered that the Wii U can only connect to the internet via Wi-Fi. Huh. One week later, I'm still waiting for my internet service to be restored, so I'll tell you what I think of the game after that happens. Yes, I tried unplugging my router and plugging it back in. Sheesh, I wasn't born yesterday.

So that's GameWeek! I'm going to try hard to keep it up...




No comments:

Post a Comment